Peter White first joined the company in 1948 after leaving the RAF. At that time the business was based almost exclusively on repairing local farm machinery. When Joe Day retired in 1969 Peter bought the business and started to develop into sales. His son Chris got involved almost from the day he could walk and often accompanied Peter in the workshop and on the farms watching everything he did. After getting his Agricultural Engineering qualifications Chris formally joined the company in 1980 and ‘went on the road’. Chris began adding carefully selected brands and products to the portfolio building the company into what it is today. Peter finally retired when he was 80 years old but still takes an active interest in what goes on today. In 2000 the business moved from Sywell to the modern and much larger workshop and offices on Park Farm in Wellingborough.